Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Odds and Ends

I was going through some of my pictures and thought I would post a few old ones. This is Terra. My 1976 International Scout. It belonged to my cousins for 11 years and I bought it last year. I love it. Only it rarely runs. This was one of those beautiful sunny days when I was able to take the top off and take it for a ride. Unfortunately it broke down on the next beautiful sunny day and had to be towed home. Someone from our ward is a mechanic at a dealership and he has offered his help to get her running again.

This is my copilot, Molly. She's not allowed in my car very often so she likes it when the truck is running.


One day I dared Lorri to wear a cape from an old Halloween costume of Jacobs to the grocery store. As you can see she did it.

One day I had gone into Jacobs room to get something and his cat followed me in. I then went into the kitchen to do something and I turned around and found this. He has a pair of pointy scissors attached to a magnetics piece attached to his collar. He picked up the magnet in Jacobs room and the scissors from the table. I'm glad I noticed before he got too far. Of course I had to snap a picture before removing it. Ironically, his name is Lucky.

The other day Jacob had to take a poll for his homework. He had called my sister and when she called him back I answered the phone. She asked for him and when I called him into the room he came around the corner with an ace bandage wrapped around his head. I started to laugh and told my sister that he was a mummy. He said, "Mom, I'm not a mummy, I'm a terrorist."

These are pictures from last month. I thought I should post them before thanksgiving. Frank and I went to a corn maze with my parents and my sisters and their husbands. This is Johnny holding Brittney's hand.

For Halloween Lorri was a vampire, Jacob was a "punk", and Jacob's friend Sam was Jigsaw. I remember the first time I went trick or treating with the kids. Jacob was a power ranger and he was so little. We realized after awhile that instead of saying "trick or treat" at the houses, he was saying "Chuck E Cheese". It was so cute.

I made Johnny's Halloween costume. As you can see he was also a vampire. I had to sew his fangs on. I figured that would be the best way for easy removal.

These are the Halloween cookies I made. I was pretty pleased that they turned out.


2 comments:

Julie J. said...

Fun Pictures. I'll bet you are such a fun mom! Those are some cute memories. Good luck getting your truck running, that looks fun too.

Becky said...

HA! I love that you dared your daughter to wear a cape to the grocery store! I hope I'm as cool of a mom as you! And the mummy! Kids are FUNNY! I also like Terra, I hope she runs better for you soon! Great pictures!